Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles Next: RE: OFFER! Re: [GZG] New 15mm Vehicle Images up!

Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles

From: Sylvester Wrzesinski <xveers@g...>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:50:50 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles

>Preaching to the choir, though, I assume there will be expansions, and
>uber/rare/unique ships.

Intial chat from WOTC suggests that this may be a one-off release, as it

apparently has 60 figs in the pool rather than 40 like their earlier
releases.

> <Snip?
>

>Heck, just don't play with the most expensive/rare, and shouldn't be
TOO
>much a problem. Anybody that brings these to a game, you just find
yourself
>busy. As it is, I'm going to play and support at the store. I'm just
>hopeing to bring in even more fun play using straight tabletop. ;->=
>
>What the heck; if the game tanks, then the stuff will be cheap to pick
up,
>just the way MM's are much of the time. I'm about ready to run OGRE
games
>using old Mechwarrior clix stuff that has lost most of it's original
value.

Another thing is that you will often see the exact same unit two to
three times, with different stat cards and paint jobs, one being a
common, another uncommon, and a third unique. This is most prevalent in
the Mechwarrior clix stuff, but I wouldn't be suprised to see it in
here. There'll probably be common X-wings, with an uncommon or rare
"special" one, probably a Luke or Biggs model that would look only
different with its card and paint scheme. I can imagine the same
happening with most major kinds of ship. There'll probably be a special
"Grand Admiral Thrawn" Star Destroyer.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles Next: RE: OFFER! Re: [GZG] New 15mm Vehicle Images up!