Prev: Re: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: Re: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: Re: RE: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [long] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 13:39:08 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Re: RE: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [long] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

>not have a platoon I could detach to screen Quetz, so I would have
>basically have had to ignore it completely, which would put my
>headquarters, mortars, and service elements at risk from your
> troops any time they felt like fighting.

Which was another reason for me sending my guys to Q, so I could
threaten your drop point.

>> >There was always the random factor; including Hudak was laying
ambush sections of 30-40 round metal plates on chokepoint road sections
and other sneaky infantry tricks.
>> And encouraging the locals to take pot shots at the Arrows.

John:
>That would have been DUMB.  No one shoots at tanks with hunting
>weapons and has a nice day.

They've got to dismount some time. To clear abatis and "mines", for
instance, which is what those plates were for. Maybe pick off a PL or
PSGT if we're lucky, but at least force the tanks to button, deploy
infantry, mill around and delay. And if you nail the marskmen...so what?
They're civlians, it makes the Arrows look bad and it costs me nothing.