Prev: Re: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: RE: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [long] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: RE: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [long] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 08:58:06 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: RE: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [long] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

>Laserlight surprised me a bit by deploying so many forces away from
>his base of operations.  As soon as John got through them, there was
little left to stop his armoured forces.

I still had a line platoon plus HQ in my Kimpo. But I figured if my job
was to hold Kimpo, then it would be prudent to arrange for the fighting
to happen somewhere else. (If you're going to shoot up a town, would you
rather it be the one you're keeping, or the one the enemy is keeping?)

>Behind *them* (all the way back near K) there
>was a roadblock manned by Hudak forces stopping civilian traffic >and
"protecting" important persons they found).

We were advising the locals that the travel to Q was unsafe because the
Arrows were liable to shoot them. Prominent people were escorted to HQ
and encouraged to delay their travel plans and advise their families of
their whereabouts. If some of them misinterpreted that as "holding them
hostage", well, we were certainly going to...be grateful for any
assistance the locals could render.

>Meanwhile back in K, Sgt Laszlo got sidetracked and robbed the local
bank of about $7M

"SIDETRACKED"???? Clearly we have a different opinion on the victory
conditions!

>Right after that, Hudak had arranged for it to be
>transferred forward.

Huh? The PA were supposed to carry and emplace it.

> Not sure how I would have resolved things if he had
>chosen to actually *use* it (as only his PA would have survived it).

Well...depends on how close. I don't expect one cannister would do more
than the downwind portion of the terrain square it's in, and maybe the
next square.

>1.  Active Satellite recon showing exactly where Hudak troops were
moving;

Can't ask for anything better than that...

>There was always the random factor; including Hudak was laying ambush
sections of 30-40 round metal plates on chokepoint road sections and
other sneaky infantry tricks.

And encouraging the locals to take pot shots at the Arrows.

>3.  Laserlight sets up a series of "hit and fade" strikes any time
>John sends his vehicles forward.

In open terrain? Against tanks?

>Of course, no plan survives contact with actual players.

"No plan survives contact with the enemy. And we are the enemy."

>whether there would have been *more* vehicle kills or not

I was certainly expecting more.

I think if John had pressed the attack, he would very likely have taken
K. That's why I was working on political factors and trying to create
maximum uncertainty and disruption.
 In the end, I contacted John directly and suggested that we work out an
accomodation; he told me he didn't have sufficient force to press the
attack, but I figured that was jus a ruse.