Prev: Re: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [long] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

RE: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 16:34:37 +1000
Subject: RE: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

	I think you did nearly everything right with the information I
gave.
In hindsight, I did need to give you at least 1 more unit back to give
your
forces some depth (your actual infantry casualties were light; but you
didn't have enough to keep Hudak's infantry off or do the necessary
urban
legwork).  There were also a lot of GMS/IAVRs flying around.

	Including HQ, I had down immediate availability of 3 IFVs, 1
tank, 3
AFVs (already in ambush) and 2 mortar AFVs.  Certainly not enough to
continue forward momentum until field repairs (poss 1 tank and 1 IFV) or
replacements gave you more help (which wasn't far away, but you didn't
know
that).

	I agree that I didn't give you enough forces as attacker (or
accurate enough intel to make the best use of your forces).  Infantry vs
tanks/armoured cav is certainly a lot harder to balance than it looks,
esp.
in an urban setting.

If I do this again, I'm going to need to put a lot more thought into the
scenario and tweaking available forces.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernsk/

IMPORTANT
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information
   for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
   please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
not
   a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
publications
   and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
messages.
emails

   of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.