Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun? Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?

Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:02:01 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?

On 9/27/06, gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
<gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:35:13 +0100
> From: Samuel Penn <sam@glendale.org.uk>
> Does a flame thrower cause terror? How about a DFFG fired from a
> vehicle?

I think Plasma Guns and flamethrowers both cause terror effects, but I
don't have my rules with me to be sure.

All a Terror weapon does is cause a panic test in Regular and lower
quality units. Greens and Untrained have other things that cause panic
tests, too.

According to the rules, a DFFG is not a terror weapon (implied by
omission). In fact, being a Heavy Weapon it only has a D8 impact
against dispersed targets.

Now, a Green or Untrained is supposed to panic if see an AFV or fired
on by one, so for these low quality troops a DFFG firing at them is
already going to cause a panic test.

> Thanks Allan, there's some good ideas there which I probably need to
> discuss with our group.

Let me know how it works out!

Allan
--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun? Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?