Prev: [GZG] re: New to Rules- Close Combat Question Next: RE: [GZG]re:NewtoRules-CloseCombatQuestion [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: [GZG] re: New to Rules- Close Combat Question

From: Mark Kinsey <Kinseym@p...>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:37:01 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] re: New to Rules- Close Combat Question

Glenn M. Goffin wrote:
>> Posted by: "hundvighong" hundvighong@yahoo.com   hundvighong
>>

>> Going to close quarters ought to be something you do only when you
>> absolutely, positively have to take that ground right away...and
>> even then, it shouldn't be a sure thing.
>>

> Close combat seems to work best you have power armor and they don't,
> and when you have flamers and shotguns and they don't.
>
> --Glenn

I'm running a scenario where it's important for the attacker to do
things quickly. The attacker has PA and the defender does not. Plus the
attacker has better quality troops. It's hard to convince the attacking
player that closing the distance and getting into close combat is much
more effective for him than sitting at distance and trying to get hits
on defenders in hard cover.

-Mark

Prev: [GZG] re: New to Rules- Close Combat Question Next: RE: [GZG]re:NewtoRules-CloseCombatQuestion [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]