Prev: RE: [GZG] Everyone's got a piece of the action Next: Re: [GZG] Everyone's got a piece of the action

RE: OU and New Caledonia - was RE: [GZG] NSL Geopolitical Composition

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:48:52 +1000
Subject: RE: OU and New Caledonia - was RE: [GZG] NSL Geopolitical Composition

G'day,

> I got the 2018 date from the timeline at the back of the FT rule book
second
> edition. It's in the same section as the return of the Romanovs, just
> separate paragraph.

Ah-huh found it (went and dug out the book instead of relying on
electronic versions). Its interested you chose to point out that the
Aussies/NZers would find opposing France difficult but skipped over the
line "Both Britain and the USA offer military support to their
antipodean relatives. The EC backs off."

Seems Jon wasn't too confident Australia/NZ could pull it off alone
either ;)

With no idea about what I'm really talking about... Given the French
have 2700 troops in New Caledonia (across all their forces) and another
2400 in Polynesian they may be able to call upon at short notice, and
that 2018 is when the final independence referendum comes around and
there is a strong desire for independence (based on previous violent
unrest when the topic came up) I'd be tempted to say we already have
sufficient ground forces (assuming we can get them back from their
current deployments all over the shop) and that our biggest weakneses
would be in the delivery transports. The catamarans can carry a lot of
people, so may be an option if actually picked up in number, but we'd
need a nearby launching position.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: [GZG] Everyone's got a piece of the action Next: Re: [GZG] Everyone's got a piece of the action