Prev: Re: OU and New Caledonia - was RE: [GZG] NSL Geopolitical Composition Next: Re: [GZG] [DS] New Dirtside miniatures from July

[GZG] More real TO&E's

From: "Christopher Downes-Ward" <c.downes-ward@i...>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 04:15:15 -0500
Subject: [GZG] More real TO&E's

my drafts folder pending developing my career in
another direction and I found this message that I wrote while doing a
bit
of digging for John A. on SADF units.

This is battalion battlegroup based the 61st Mechanised Battalion Group
which was engaged in "externals" against Angola in the 1980's, however I
think I have replaced the G5 towed guns with G6 SP guns.

Battalion HQ - 2 Ratel Commands
Two mechanised infantry companies:
 CHQ: 1 Ratel 20mm, 1 Line Stand, 1 APSW Stand
 3 Platoons of:
  PHQ:1 Ratel 20mm, 1 Line Stand, 1 APSW Stand
  3 Ratel 20mm each with 1 Line Stand, 1 APSW Stand
Armoured Car Squadron:
 SHQ: 1 Ratel 90
 3 x troops of 4 Ratel 90's
Tank Squadron:
 SHQ: 2 Olifants
 3 x Troops of 4 Olifants
Artillery Battery: 8 x G6 SP 155mm + 8 Ratel Log's + 2 Ratel Command
Anti Tank Platoon: 1 Ratel 90 + 3 sections of 2 Ratel 90's + 2 GMS/L
(Enh) teams
Mortar Platoon: 12 x Ratel 81's + 8 Ratel Log's + 2 Ratel Command
AA Troop: 12 x Ystervark 20mm SP-AA
Signals Section: 2 Ratel Commands
Transport: ? Samil Trucks

Chris Downes-Ward