Prev: Re: [GZG] LLAR, where are you? Next: RE: [GZG] [FT] Modern Naval?

[GZG] [FT] Modern Naval?

From: Damond Walker <damosan@g...>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 08:09:43 -0400
Subject: [GZG] [FT] Modern Naval?

Hey All,

I'm toying around with hacking together a version of FT for use with
Modern
Naval gaming.  Has anyone done anything along these lines?

The trouble, as I see it, is to come up with a model for the BILLIONS of
various radars and sonars used by naval forces today.  I want to keep
things
cinematic but I also want to capture detection of opposing forces.

I've thought about using an opposed roll.  Once detected the vessel
stays
detected throughout the game.

OR there is the option of just BAGGING IT.  Assume detection and game
on.

Damo

Prev: Re: [GZG] LLAR, where are you? Next: RE: [GZG] [FT] Modern Naval?