Prev: RE: [GZG] Painting tips? Next: RE: [GZG] Painting tips?

Re: [GZG] Painting tips?

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:29:07 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Painting tips?

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Doug Evans wrote:

>> Pices of tissue.  Neat idea, but I'm worried about getting
>> them back off
>> once I've airbrushed over them.
>
> Just to be clear, I'm talking tissue paper sometimes used for
wrapping, not
> TP/Kleenex, and I thought keeping the friskets damp would keep the
paint
> from being sucked in. However, unless you're very sparing with the
> airbrushed layers, could well be 'glued' to the surface. We'll wait
for a
> crazed individual to give it a go. ;->=

Ah.  Now I get it. THAT kind of tissue paper.  Ok, that's worth a shot.
:)

>> I've used micro pens on some of my tanks to do
>> edging, and found
>> that I'm actually better at it with a brush.
>
> Wow, I'm impressed; prolly should ignore ANYTHING I say about
painting, if
> you're that good with a brush.

I was painting OGREs at the time.  Somehow a small brush (I think it was
5/0 - 10/0s don't hold enough ink or paint) worked better and faster.
I'm
not saying I'm good with a brush, but I can be accurate. :)

>> For reasons
>> that I'll never figure out, I almost never come up with
>> ideas that I like
>> for painting my minis that are *easy*. :)
>
> Better than the ideas that I get, and that clean scare me off from
trying
> them at all.

I have a Brigade Models Cronus mecha.  Similar in design to a Destroid
Monster, in 1/300 scale.  I rebuilt the "top" guns, and added a dual
gatling gun under the chin.  I have it mostly built and primered, and
have
a really good idea of what kind of paint job I want to do on it.  I've
been scared to paint it for over 2 years now for fear of screwing it up.

Go figure. :)

> Good luck!

Thanks!

Prev: RE: [GZG] Painting tips? Next: RE: [GZG] Painting tips?