Prev: [GZG] (no subject) Next: RE: [GZG] Acceleration

[GZG] Acceleration

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:45:05 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: [GZG] Acceleration

The list is too quiet and I'm trying my hand at writing, so looking for
some informed input here.
Does anyone here have any comments on what reasonable acceleration
limits might be? Thinking of using a magnetic or perhaps gravitic
accelerator to boost a Full Thrust missile, so the main questions are:

a) would the mag fields involved in throwing the missile be likely to
screw up the missile sensors / hardware? If so, can we get around that
with some (mild/moderate/major?) modifications to the missile package?
Is something likely to melt?

b)what kind of physical accelaration can a missile reasonably be
expected to stand? I'd like to get a "we can currently build stuff that
will take X g's and in theory we can get it up to Y g's".

Prev: [GZG] (no subject) Next: RE: [GZG] Acceleration