Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] cool ship minis Next: Re: [GZG] eBay: Painted (Mostly) NAC Royal Marines Platoon.

Re: [GZG] [FT] cool ship minis

From: "Sylvester M. W." <xveers@g...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 22:44:46 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] cool ship minis

> These designs look great, though I think the pictures are just 3D
> renders rather than anything "real". I imagine all those spikes and
> vanes round the "engine bells" at the sterns of the ships would be a
> bear to mould.

Yup. They're just 3d models at the moment, but they're the ones being
sent
to the prototyper at Reaper minis. While I don't expect ALL the detail
make it through, I think most of it will.

As for size, how long are DD-class ships from GZG for example (That's
> not a rhetorical question BTW, I don't actually know)? I don't think
> the "Ten Worlds" background envisages honking great space
> dreadnoughts. Also I believe the overall size of the largest proposed
> minis would be constrained by the need to fit within some kind of
> transparent box, to work with the stacked plastic blocks required by
> the AV:T 3D manoeuvre system. Here's an example holding an
> "Honorverse" ship mini:

Elsewhere on the boards are specs for the flight boxes that are being
sent
out to be test-made.. I think the largest has a length of some 13 cm or
so... Big enough to hold any SITS miniature contemplated, and larger
ones
even (which makes sense, given their plans with Squadron Strike...)

http://www.adastragames.com/graphics/SITS%20Minis/Flightbox1_web.jpg

> I love the "Ten Worlds" designs BTW. They are so much how I imagine
> space warships "ought" to look. We mostly play FT with home-built
> minis assembled from plastic wall-plugs (Rawlplugs in the UK?),
> wooden beads, dowels etc. that have a distinct family resemblance.
>
> Best regards, Robert Bryett
> rbryett@mail.com
>

> On 20/07/2006, at 2:35 AM, Jaime Tiampo wrote:
>
> > Very cool ships... They're fairly small though.

"Push The Button Frank"
Dr. Clayton Forrester, Deep 13

Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] cool ship minis Next: Re: [GZG] eBay: Painted (Mostly) NAC Royal Marines Platoon.