Re: [GZG] Giant combined arms camapaign

From: David Stokes <dstokes@d...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:30:15 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Giant combined arms camapaign

Don M wrote:

> It was for one habitual planet in the system.
> I was the ref with 4 others playing, went as
> a FT fleet action, then SG special operation
> securing landing areas and taking out air and
> ground defenses, and finally followed by a
> large scale DSII landing and several big battles.
> There was also further FT battles with a relief
> fleet coming to reclaim the planetary air space,
> although that did not succeed
>
> Don

That sounds really cool. I've dreamed about doing something like this
since back in the days of High Guard and Striker but never got it put
together. Would love to give it a try sometime. But...

> with my whole grad-school gig going I the one with the bright ideas
> has very little time to implement it.

I hear that. I'm in the same situation myself, right now.

Could a big multi-phase invasion game be put on at a convention? Over
several days? GZG-EC is the obvious place, but I would prefer something
on Britain, because I'm unlikely to get over to East Coast con anytime
soon.

David Stokes