Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: [OT-LST] Mail clients: Mail list vs. Forums Next: RE: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums

Re: [GZG] [OT-LST] Mail list vs. Forums: Google

From: "Roger Books" <roger.books@g...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:47:52 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT-LST] Mail list vs. Forums: Google

You can post via e-mail or on the group web-site.

We have a fairly high volume private group we switched from Yahoo
because the service was so poor.  I can't say g-g has been perfect,
early on there were several outages lasting 2-4 hours but we haven't
had any of those for awhile.  There have also been complaints about
posts
arriving out of order, but you get that everywhere.

The oddest thing I've seen is one person getting the message 20 minutes
after another.	Both were using g-mail!

Not trying to make g-g look bad, just trying to paint an accurate
picture.
consider these problems pretty minor.  If I wanted instant gratification
I'd
use a chat client.

Roger