Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums and Somewhat off topic... Bases Next: Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums and Somewhat off topic...

Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:02:38 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums

Jaime wrote on 07/10/2006 12:52:17 PM:

***snippage***
> > Here  years ago, I was here for a "Remove JohnA" period
> >  and it passed, aMod who disliked John
> > Could ban him at will.    I would prefer the list to remain, but I
> > understand that "forum are the new way.   Just don't have to like
it..

> Correct that can happen. That's a staffing and management
> issue. To be
> honest though a board can get away with very few
> moderators and if you
> choose right, that shouldn't be an issue. If it becomes
> one the simple
> solution is to remove the Mod.

Can Mods be limited to a particular topic? I assume they can be
restricted
to a particular section, say Game Discussion, or subsection, say, FMA
Skirmish, but, could I be given moderation of the topic I just started?
Not
asking to be the mod, just curious about the ganularity of control.

I just came up against another problem I have with forums: J/JS. ;->=

By the way, I was offering John bases of ships I've not built up since I
knew he'd get them into use long before I might. However, I may be
interested in a few extra myself. We'll talk....

The_Beast