Prev: Re: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Emergency backup listserver active

RE: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

From: "andrew apter" <apter@b...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 12:50:07 -0400
Subject: RE: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

>>> I'd want PTorps and missiles and other weapons to have the chance to
do
crits also, which is why I was saying "6 damage in one >> attack". I
would
like to be able to target specific systems, at
>>> least to some extent--I'd like to be able to order "aim at their
drives" or "don't hit the cargo pods", although you might have to be at
close range and/or lower your chance of "hit anywhere" to get a higher
chance to "hit specific target"

Noam said:
>>Each has his own tastes, but to this I say "Blah!" Use Needle Beams to
hit
specific targets (and good luck on that!).

>YMMV, but I really dislike having needle beams as a separate system.
I'd
much rather give some kind of needle-like ability to a normal weapon.

Why not a special targeting system that allows a beam to target as a
needle
beam at half the normal range of the beam with limit of two beams per
targeting system.  The system can be used a normal sensor, has the same
mass
and twice the cost?

Prev: Re: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Emergency backup listserver active