Prev: [FT] FB vs Homegrown designs Re: RE: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)

Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 12:04:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

On Jul 7, 2006, at 11:50 AM, <laserlight@verizon.net>
<laserlight@verizon.net> wrote:

> I'd want PTorps and missiles and other weapons to have the chance
> to do crits also, which is why I was saying "6 damage in one
> attack". I would like to be able to target specific systems, at
> least to some extent--I'd like to be able to order "aim at their
> drives" or "don't hit the cargo pods", although you might have to
> be at close range and/or lower your chance of "hit anywhere" to get
> a higher chance to "hit specific target"

Each has his own tastes, but to this I say "Blah!" Use Needle Beams
to hit specific targets (and good luck on that!). The directed
attacks described above give exacerbate the "Big Ship" problem, since
they are more likely to be able to muster the 6 points needed all at
once than smaller ships.

Alternately if you _really_ want to try to target "standard" weapons,
dedicate _two_ firecons to the target And/or halve the range bands.

---

"The mind should not multiply entities beyond necessity. What can be
done with fewer ... is done in vain with more." -- William of Ockham