Prev: Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?) Next: Re: Emergency backup listserver active

Re: Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 10:40:41 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)

>On 7/7/06, Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@jhuapl.edu> wrote:
>> The most logical PSB comes from the fact that we are simulating a 3D
system in 2D. If we force all port fire to only hit port systems we are
forcing a highly unrealistic Flatland 2D system.

OTOH, you're assuming the target ship can't rotate slightly to present a
minimum target profile/most heavily armored face. It's like saying that
when you shoot at a tank, you're just as likely to hit the rear face as
the front.

Prev: Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?) Next: Re: Emergency backup listserver active