Prev: Re: Revised Missiles (long) was Re: [GZG] Heavy missile questions. Next: Re: Revised Missiles (long) was Re: [GZG] Heavy missile questions.

Re: Revised Missiles (long) was Re: [GZG] Heavy missile questions.

From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 18:05:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Revised Missiles (long) was Re: [GZG] Heavy missile questions.

--- Robert N Bryett <rbryett@mail.com> wrote:

> Wow! There's a lot of interesting ideas here. I'm not sure *I* fully
> understand them, and I think they'd be a bit complicated for my
> admirals and their opponents (oldest 14 years). Certainly this goes
> well beyond integrating heavy missiles into FT2.5.

Simply the game mechanics of using it are pretty easy.	The more
complicated
part is the various combinations of warhead/range and the larger classes
of SM.
 If you just take the first part of the post, up to where it says:

"7) For each missile that hits, roll and apply damage as per FB1."

and maybe take LaserLights's suggestion to drop the pre-movement target
tracking, it should be real easy.  If your nephew has been reading
Weber's HH,
then the Stealth, ECM, FCS quality stuff should be easy to introduce.

The range/warhead stuff can be added a few games later, when you are
comfortable with the first part.  This is just a wider spectrum of the
existing
ER-SM concept from FB1.

The different size classes definately needs playtesting to find the
right
balance, but flows naturally out of the range/warhead concept.

> I may comment further once I've had a chance to analyse this.

Please do.  I am happy to answer any questions, and I'd like to get
feedback
from outside my regular gaming group.