Prev: RE: [GZG] SG2 -- Network Game Next: [GZG] Re: FT Beam5 Question

Re: [GZG] FT Beam5 Question

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@t...>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 17:52:18 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT Beam5 Question

Noam wrote:

>[...] If I remember correctly I was trying to keep
>distance on my main chaser and close (slowly) on my main chasee. My
>chaser's chaser caught him long out of his attack range to me. I
>_think_ I still got a couple shots at him, before shifting to my main
>target, who was mainly angling after _his_ target. No one made a
>determined charge into my fleet, so that part is still unproven, but
>I think a determined charge by a fleet that had better than 2 points
>of thrust on it would be needed to get in fast enough to give as much
>as it took.

What weapon arcs did your ships have? IIRC all your big beams in that
battle were (F)-arc only (Vector movement rules), so in order to keep a
chaser under while retrograding you would've had to spend 2 thrust
points
on rotations each turn to accellerate away from them. If you started on
even slightly converging vectors, that would've allowed B3-armed ships
with
"mere" MD parity to catch up fairly quickly.

>>I wouldn't take Fleet Book-standard ships against *any* custom- built
fleet
>>in FB1 or FB2 Vector...
>
>Agreed, though a mob of Furiouses wouldn't be _too_ bad against
>custom vector fleets that didn't load up on the ultra-long range
weapons

<g>

/Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: RE: [GZG] SG2 -- Network Game Next: [GZG] Re: FT Beam5 Question