Prev: [LST] List-iquette Re: [GZG] Ping Next: Re: [GZG] Ping (New) NAC ships

[GZG] Orbital mechanics (was List-iquette (was Ping))

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 17:19:25 +0100
Subject: [GZG] Orbital mechanics (was List-iquette (was Ping))

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 11:09:30AM -0500, Doug Evans wrote:

>does
>anybody have suggestions of good, simple reading of orbital mechanics,
and
>spaceship travel thereupon?

No, but I'm working on writing one. What sorts of problem are you trying
to solve? I've got reasonably decent solutions for the high
constant-thrust model and for Hohmann and other transfers, but the
multi-body slingshots and long-low-thrust systems (e.g. ion drives) are
proving more troublesome.

Prev: [LST] List-iquette Re: [GZG] Ping Next: Re: [GZG] Ping (New) NAC ships