Prev: Re: [GZG] Holy Roman Empire from Midgard Herding Next: Re: [GZG] Holy Roman Empire from Midgard Herding

Re: [GZG] Holy Roman Empire from Midgard Herding

From: Sylvester Wrzesinski <xveers@g...>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 20:18:05 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Holy Roman Empire from Midgard Herding

John Brewer wrote:

> However...
>
> It is the stated doctrine of our good & benevolent neighbor, the
> Common Republic, that they do not condone FSE adventurism in their
> backyard - and since system LTT 11262 lies a mere 3.7 parsecs from the

> Holy See of the Patrimonium Petrl, we are - in this regard - of the
> same mind.
>
> But seeing as the Common Republic is an independent client state that
> trades extensively with the FSE, as well as provides 2nd & 3rd line
> designs to their navy, we surmise that they would be extremely
> reluctant to respond FSE incursions with military force, prefering to
> resolve the imbroglio through more peaceful - and potentially lengthy
> - diplomatic negotiations.

Indeed this is true. We cannot by treaty open fire on FSE units, lest we

become "re-intergrated" into their hemogeny. We do however conduct
letter by letter adherance to treaty requirements, and this usually
results in some unpleasantness for the FSE. For example, we require
proof of identity and travel papers for entry into the Common Republic.
In practice, this is waived, but it is never officially out of force.
One would be suprised as to how long it takes to check a Dreadnought's
crew. As well, we end up requesting flight plans be filed, as well as
other bureaucratic delays. During this time, messages regarding the FSE
incursion are passed on to other concerned powers. We are especially
greatful to the OU for their tact assistance as they claim most
uninhabited systems, and in exchange for various kinds of support, we
are given a read-only access to their sensor bouys in our vicinity. So
we usually know the FSE ships are coming, before they arrive.

CR Govt. Spokesman

Prev: Re: [GZG] Holy Roman Empire from Midgard Herding Next: Re: [GZG] Holy Roman Empire from Midgard Herding