Prev: Re: [GZG] Holy Roman Empire - new minor power Next: Re: [GZG] 15mm Dirtside

[GZG] 15mm Dirtside

From: "pcelella" <pcelella@c...>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 20:04:04 -0400
Subject: [GZG] 15mm Dirtside

I've been lurking here for about a year or so, but I'm presently
thinking of trying out Dirtside in 15mm and have a few questions.

Could I just use the distances and ranges just as is with 15mm figures?
Could I modify the distances by a factor of 1.5 or 2.0, and if so, which
would be better?

Thing is, there is a group of guys that I game with that I'm hoping to
get them to give Dirtside a try. Some are ex-grognards who are playing
simpler games, and the latest rage in the club is Flames of War. I was
hoping to do Dirtside (with the chit replacement system), company sized
actions on an approximate 6' x 4' table. I was also planning to base the
infantry on standard Flames of War bases. I was figuring that the more I
could make the game look like FOW, the better chance I would have of
recruiting players.

Does this seem like it would work? If so, wouldn't such a modification
be a great way to get new players into Dirtside.

Thanks all

Peter

Prev: Re: [GZG] Holy Roman Empire - new minor power Next: Re: [GZG] 15mm Dirtside