Prev: Re: [GZG] Inviso Kra'vak Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Inviso Kra'vak

Re: [GZG] Real Astroplitics

From: David Stokes <dstokes@d...>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 14:14:58 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Real Astroplitics

KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:

> [...]
I haven't compared the list, although I intend to "some day" when I have

time, before I run a campaign of my own.

The updated list is online here:
http://exoplanet.eu/catalog.php

Take a look. Many of the radial velocity discoveries are in the range of

the campaign map. While the first discoveries were "super-Jupiters"
becasue they are bigger and easier to detect, most now are in the
Saturn-Jupiter range with a few smaller Neptunes.

I tried to locate a few stars. Its not easy - star naming is a mess of
different catalouge systems. If someone wnated to do this, an automated
matching script would be the way to go.

A couple of examples I located:
55 Cancer, or listed on the map as BD+28 1660 is just outside the NSL,
has 4 possible planets ranging from a close-in small body (probably a
gas giant core whose gas has burned away) out to a 4xJupiter mass at 5.2

AU.

Epsilon Eridani, a core world, has a gas giant (.86 Jupiter mass) at 3.3

AU, and an unconfirmed Neptune sized at 40 AU, plus a dust ring.

I tried finding some examples from major powers, but flipping back and
forth between different maps and naming systems was just too much to do
manually this afternoon. If anyone undertakes it I want to see the
results.

David Stokes

Prev: Re: [GZG] Inviso Kra'vak Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Inviso Kra'vak