Prev: Re: [GZG] A question for canon GZG universe Next: Re: Re: [GZG] A question for canon GZG universe

[GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 12, Issue 42

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:57:44 EDT
Subject: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 12, Issue 42

about Human mods...   Mostly...   :-P

Yeah a firm based within my soon to be writen up Midgard Herding uncanon

power is Ubique Genetics and I was looking at having them Help modify
vatborn into
"supertroopers", on average Stronger, healthy, and more Dexterous then
average human, with a few other abilities built in.   Of course with all
good, does
come a few bad..   of course most of these would only be known in an
RPG.

I did design them with GURPS rules, from GURPS Biotech.

     As for saying all governments would produce "Vat grown
Supertroopers", I
have to disagree.   Some governments would have reason not, be them
religous
groups opposed to them, to a fear of rebelian by the Supertroopers
against
"normals".

     Of course the other use I have found for "Supertroopers" are
Aerospace
pilots, gives a good reason why these fighters are manned by pilots
trained
also long as they can remember to be pilots.
In a message dated Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:18:31 -0500
From: Doug Evans writes:

> Also, I think he's talking about human modification, mostly.
>
> I don't think there's anything, including variant rules, that mentions
this
> yet. Course, being a vacchead, my readings of SGII and DSII would be
> considered 'cursory'.
>
> It should still be wide open, fertile ground for your imagination.
However,
> I'd pretty much assume that any enhancements would be pretty universal
in
> armed forces after some time. Especially, if you assume that space
> transport is at least as expensive as ground transport, which would in
fact
> be additive.
>
> While those of us paying for maintenance meds, in a sense,
bio-enhancement,
> might find it hard to believe, the expensive part is development; I'd
think
> individuals 'jacked up' would tend not to be a big added expense, IF
> indeed, you are talking about 'super troopers'.
>
> Your PS(ocial)B limitations to the tech would, of course, vary.

DO NOT HATE THE WARRIOR,
if you hate the war.

Prev: Re: [GZG] A question for canon GZG universe Next: Re: Re: [GZG] A question for canon GZG universe