Prev: RE: [GZG] [FT] "mini-campaign" scenarios? Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] "mini-campaign" scenarios?

Re: Re: [GZG] [FT] "mini-campaign" scenarios?

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:11:09 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] [FT] "mini-campaign" scenarios?

>I definatelly don't want to run this campaign with my FSE DN.  I'd be
toasted in short order.

Someone solicited my comments on a SML-armed FSE design yesterday. IMHO,
if you're doing a SDN, you should *either* have a really cheesy missile
barge (with, say, 40+ heavy missiles, or 20+ SMR); or you should ditch
the missiles and go with direct fire weapons. The point of a DN is that
they can stand in the line of battle for a few turns without losing
systems; therefore you'll probably do better with weapons which can fire
for multiple turns. (The corollary, of course, is that little ships
should carry missiles--viz ash Shaulah strikeboats). I'd still build a
couple of arsenal ships, though, just to see the opponent's face when I
drop 40 missile markers on the table.

Prev: RE: [GZG] [FT] "mini-campaign" scenarios? Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] "mini-campaign" scenarios?