Prev: [GZG] [FT] Map Based Campaign Next: Re: [GZG] Re: [FT] NAC campaign setup

Re: [GZG] A Heavy Missile Question

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 11:09:52 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] A Heavy Missile Question

On Saturday 15 April 2006 23:51, david smith wrote:
> Thought you might like to read this. From a article taking about using
nuke
> interceptors against enemy missiles.
>
> The question then becomes: What would a low-yield nuclear weapon
exploded
> in space 100 kilometers, 200 kilometers, or 500 kilometers above the
> surface of the earth, do to its target? It would clearly do nothing to
the
> earth and very little to the space environment.

One article I saw many years ago suggested a 1MT burst 300km above the
US would affect the entire US with EMP. A search has turned up:

http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Nwfaq/Nfaq5.html#nfaq5.5

Obviously, if "low-yield" is significantly lower than 1MT, then
the EMP effect is going to be less, but it may be more than nothing.
As well as taking out land based electronics, it could block radio
and take out satellites.

--
Be seeing you,			       http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.

Prev: [GZG] [FT] Map Based Campaign Next: Re: [GZG] Re: [FT] NAC campaign setup