Prev: [GZG] 15 mm wish list Next: Re: [GZG] 15 mm wish list

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] 15mm question to the list.... (and more 15mm news!)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 18:23:58 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] 15mm question to the list.... (and more 15mm news!)

>I thought someone else had the license for the vehicles. I think the
25mm
>stuff was before the deal.
>
>http://www.oldcrowmodels.co.uk/hammers.htm

OK, the condensed version of the full story is this:

We did the 25mm "Slammers" vehicles in our range (SF25-101, 102, 103)
in collaboration with South London Warlords (specifically, John
Treadaway), before the Handbook project was ever mentioned. The
vehicle designs were the nearest that John and I could come up with
between us based on what little design material had already been
published in various places.
Then, when the Slammers Handbook project was started and Dave Drake
gave his approval for it, it turned out that our visualisations were
not quite what the author had in his mind while writing - so after
some discussions it was decided that Jez at Old Crow would do some
new ones based on David's descriptions, while we concentrated on
doing the infantry, again to Drake's descriptions. However, David has
always been very happy with us continuing to do our original vehicle
designs, to the extent that they have been written into the handbook
as earlier marks still in use by other units. I'd like to take this
opportunity to point out that Dave Drake  is a REALLY nice guy, and
has been wonderfully supportive of the whole thing!  :-)

>Jon, do you have figs in the starter packs with rules?
>
>http://www.miniwargames.com/

Yes, MiniWarg's starter pack uses our 15mm figures along with the Old
Crow vehicles - you get some of our 15mm slammers (of course) plus
some NSL troops as the opposition force.

>And, having put my foot in it in the past, is there any hard feelings
>betwixt thee and Old Crow? Just seemed natural that you'd both have
links
>to the other. A simple answer to my first question of "Yes, now hush!"
is
>enough.

No problems at all between us and Jez at OC - he's a nice guy and a
really talented designer, and the stuff he's working on is quite
different from ours in most cases - I think we complement each other
rather than directly compete.

Jon (GZG)