Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More news on 15mm..... :-) Next: Re: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More news on 15mm..... :-)

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More news on 15mm..... :-)

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 08:54:24 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More news on 15mm..... :-)

I'm assuming it weighs a ton, and would be even tougher to manuever.

The folks at Sci Fi Supply used to run floor games with their own rules
using ships built from their vacuum-formed detail sheets, and wheeled
bases
that seemed to move easy enough. Viz Roger's comment about yards/parks,
this was always a possibility, though anything six-foot-long-on-a-stick
would take a crew to move, though the rules made the big ships move VERY
slowly. Probably close to matching LL's imagination.

Also, they used MicroMachines for the fighters; close enough to 6mm, and
I've a metric b***load of those if ever I got around to building the
ships.

I think two 4 x 8 styro insulation sheets,  slant cut down the middle,
and
beveled on the long edge, would be a start.

That, and >$30K-US a pop is definitely daunting.

The_Beast

Tony wrote on 04/07/2006 08:39:40 AM:

***snippage***
> Might be a little tough to maneuver. But imagine one of
> those as the setting, and your ships are 6mm TIEs and X wings.
>
> Like this one ?
*URL deleted*

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More news on 15mm..... :-) Next: Re: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More news on 15mm..... :-)