Prev: RE: Please ignore previous on Knights... Re: Re: [GZG] [FT] NACcampaign setup Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More news on 15mm..... :-)

[GZG] [FT] Tactical jumps

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 13:17:51 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: [GZG] [FT] Tactical jumps

To help explain the usual set up for FT battles (ships arrive on the
table relatively close to opponents, at speeds of less than that
provides by a couple of turns of accel), I'm proposing that we have
rules for tactical jumps. A tacjump will displace the ship by  a
distance of a few lightseconds, and has a cycle time of a few turns (as
opposed to the hours needed for a multi-lightyear jump). Note that it is
usually not possible to disengage from combat by means of a tacjump--the
opponent can re-acquire and jump after you.

A tacjump does have a chance of misjumping, which is increased by short
prep time, poor crew quality, and momentum of the jumping ship (a mass
10 scout can safely jump at higher speeds than a mass 250 SDN).

Misjumps only affect the jumping ship, unless you arrive at a point at
the other end which is already occupied. However, tactical jumps have an
inherent distance deviation, so you don't dare bunch your ships too
closely.