Prev: RE: [GZG] Re: Mines Next: Re: [GZG] Biology in a vacuum

[GZG] Biology in a vacuum

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:48:47 +1100
Subject: [GZG] Biology in a vacuum

G'day,

> The FTL I understand, but the biological material that
> can withstand vacuum surprises me.  I would think that
> anything that we can currently do could, at least
> in theory, be duplicated by a biological system.

At present the only known biological material to survive vacuum are
small and can go into stasis (so small moss cuttings, tardigrades etc).
Large biological structures just rupture.

Pressure and temperature are the keys I would guess. So my brain is
still trying to get around how the SaVasku "evolved" (naturally or
artificially) to survive such to cope with both of these and big so big.
Nothing I've seen to date is plausible.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: [GZG] Re: Mines Next: Re: [GZG] Biology in a vacuum