Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Mines Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Mines

Re: [GZG] Re: Mines

From: "john tailby" <John_Tailby@x...>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:21:09 +1200
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Mines

----- Original Message -----
From: "Oerjan Ariander" <oerjan.ariander@telia.com>

> John Tailby wrote:
>
>>>I would tend to think that a mine could do a passive sensor shot, and
if
>>>it detects something that doesn't match IFF it simply blows up with a

>>>bomb pumped laser directed towards the target or perhaps fires off as
an
>>>autonomous missile in a wait mode.
>>
>>This is still a very limited engagement range with no persistence to
the
>>defences.
>>The maximum range of passive sensors is 24", unless you go to the
>>additional expense of enhancing the sensors.	So you need to have the
>>mines pretty close together to get any kind of coverage.
>
> What house rules do you use that restrict the maximum range of passive

> sensors to 24"?

This came from the discussion about mines needing to be very stealthy to

avoid detection and minimise the enemies ability to attack them.

It was my understanding from the stealth rules that you can't attack
beyond
24" unless you are going to go unstealthy.

John

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Mines Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Mines