Prev: [GZG] Full Sail? Next: [GZG] New Vehicles on Order

Re: [GZG] Full Sail?

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@v...>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:05:25 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Full Sail?

>I have a number of Pirates of the Spanish Main collectible miniatures.
> I understand that Full Sail was played at ECC with these minis. Is
> there a version of Full Sail available for download?

Cinematic movement.  The Sunday morning game didn't adjust for wind
direction, which is extremely odd for a sailing game but of course
simplifies things quite a lot.	All weapons had limited arcs fired out
12", so essentially B1's with 1 or 2 arc coverage.  No fire controls
needed.
I don't recall quite how the damage worked--it was Sunday morning :-)

I would say that your ship should have a base speed--let's say you're a
frigate, speed 6. If the wind is from direction 12, then your max speed
would vary by facing, thus:
1, 11, 12: in irons, speed 0
2, 10: close hauled, speed 3
3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9: broad reach, speed 8
6: running, speed 6
Or something like that.

If you want a really accurate game for this, you should get Close Action
(by
Mark Campbell). If you want more of a fast play game, you might look at
Flying Colors.
(Using Close Action,  we had 60 players do Trafagar and took from about
10am-9pm; I gather that with Flying Colors, you can do it with two
players
in a day).

Prev: [GZG] Full Sail? Next: [GZG] New Vehicles on Order