Prev: Mines was (RE: [GZG] Stuart Murray's Games at GZG ECC IX) Next: Re: MORE Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More news on 15mm..... :-)

[GZG] Re: Mines

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:26:02 -0600 (CST)
Subject: [GZG] Re: Mines

Beth wondered:
> why can't mines use it too?

 They could. I think the first time I ran across this idea was in the
mid 80's, in Donad Kingsbury's novel The Moon Goddess and the Son--one
character designs landmines which communicate with each other to more
efficiently attack a column of enenmy vehicles. You'd want to specify
the triigering conditions: "Only attack if 3 or more targets are in the
field" or "only attack ships of greater than 50 mass" or whatever
conditions you like. If the conditions require much discrimination ("50
mass"), you may need to roll to see if the mines make an accurate
determination--they might get spoofed.