Prev: Re: [GZG] Timescales Next: Re: [GZG] Stuart Murray's Games at GZG ECC IX

Re: [GZG] Stuart Murray's Games at GZG ECC IX

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@v...>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 16:52:08 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Stuart Murray's Games at GZG ECC IX

From: "Allan Goodall"
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 11:38 AM

> The reason I asked is that he has some ideas that match what I've been
> doing in Hardtack (American Civil War Stargrunt, which I'm in the
> process of refining and making more of a 19th century rule set).
> Laserlight and I are looking at playing a game of Hardtack by e-mail.

Which brings up a point I noticed in Stuart's Saturday morning game.  I
had
a unit of cavalry which took a suppression...and they stayed there in
that
spot, adding and removing suppressions, for the whole rest of the game.
Now, I can see an infantry unit going to ground and freezing under fire,
but
it doesn't seem to me that cavalry would be "suppressed"--or at least I
can't picture horses diving for cover. For this sort of situation, I'd
suggest that the unit has to take a reaction test; if they fail, they
have
to withdraw at least 6 inches.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Timescales Next: Re: [GZG] Stuart Murray's Games at GZG ECC IX