Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] PSB Next: RE: [GZG] Re: New Toys from GZG

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG 15mm SF VEHICLES!!!! :-)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:59:50 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG 15mm SF VEHICLES!!!! :-)

>Ok.  Page is up.
>
><http://okapi.andrew.cmu.edu/lerchey/www/gzg>
>
>It ain't fancy, but you can see the new 15mm vehicles!

>John K. Lerchey
>Assistant Director for Incident Response
>Information Security Office
>Carnegie Mellon University

Thanks for getting these up so quickly, John!

For everyone's info, a few notes to explain the pics might be in order:

I had to do the pics in a great rush, without being able to properly
set anything up, and the couple of desk lamps I used to light the
minis have played havoc with the colours - the sand-sprayed ones look
bright orange, and the ones that look brown are actually a greenish
khaki (the new GW spray "Ogre Flesh", which is an excellent olive
drab colour - grab a couple of tins while their stores still have it)!

Please note also that these are shots of PRE-PRODUCTION castings, and
there may be some minor cleaning up and modification before
production moulds are made, so usual disclaimers apply!

A few notes:

V15-01 Main Battle Tank: The orange-looking one (actually desert
sand!) uses the Mass Driver (MDC) gun barrel and one of the two
alternative sensor units (the other, a spherical radome, is shown in
the parts pic).
The brown/khaki one has the HKP barrel and the point-defence
tribarrel fitted. All optional parts are included in all kits.

V15-02 Light Tank: The desert/orange one has the RF Cannon barrel,
and the khaki one the Fusion Gun.

V15-03 Guncrab: This shows the RF Cannon, the same Fusion Gun barrel
as shown on the light tank is also supplied.

Note also that the commander figures are NOT shown in the parts pics
for V15-01 and 02, but these will be included in the production kits.

All comments/requests are being noted, watch out for more new 15mm
soon. There will certainly be more variants to the guncrab, and
probably some more walkers using the same leg assembly - I've got
ideas for a scorpion-shaped vehicle with lots of legs and a raised
"tail" weapons platform....
Some grav vehicles are in the planning stage too, and probably some
hover ones.

As to the requests for scaled-down versions of the 25mm vehicles, I
may do some of these in the future, but the main reason I didn't
start with them is that the sculpting techniques for resins in 25mm
and metals in 15mm are very different, and some of the 25mm designs
will be a real pain to do in 15mm! I'm not saying that I won't do
them, but I may get some of the new ideas out first. Much the same
argument goes for the 6mm upscaling, but again I might do some
eventually!

Best,

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] PSB Next: RE: [GZG] Re: New Toys from GZG