Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Magic Wash Next: Re: [GZG] Magic Wash

Re: [GZG] Magic Wash

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 17:31:29 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Magic Wash

>Not a painter, but basically a clear acrylic, Futura floor polish is
often
>used, mixed with a bit of paint, slopped over a basic painted fig, and
>maybe lightly wiped with a rag; the shading CAN be amazing. Depends on
the
>basic paint scheme and 'shadow' paint used.

That's one way.  For larger scale figures I just use the wash on certain

areas; I will paint the entire mini with it if I'm painting 1/300 scale
stuff.	Makes the infantry dead easy, and very clear.  Normally, though
use it to bring contrast to things like hair, or armor.

I keep two bottles pre-mixed, with a ration of about one part acrylic
floor
polish, four parts water, and ink "seasoned to taste".	I start with a
little, and keep adding until the color is where I want it.  I keep one
bottle of black, one of brown, and will likely make a third of Vallejo
"Smoke" after I pick up an extra bottle.

You know how a mini looks just after you give it an ink or paint wash?
With
the pigment settling neatly into the cracks and crevices?  That's how
the
magic wash looks even after it dries, including -- annoyingly -- the
gloss
finish.  Which dullcote gets rid of without difficulty.

And, as a side bonus, it's also a nice sealer.

   John

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Magic Wash Next: Re: [GZG] Magic Wash