Prev: Re: [GZG] FT 2+FB rules questions Next: Re: [GZG] FT 2+FB rules questions

Re: [GZG] FT 2+FB rules questions

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 08:14:20 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT 2+FB rules questions

OA wrote on 03/05/2006 11:55:32 PM:

> David Stokes worte:
***snip***
> >Core Systems: If a core system like life support has been
> hit and is
> >scheduled to go out in some number of turns, does it take
> threshold checks
> >again at further thresholds?
>
> Good question. AFAIK the rules don't specify this
> (normally you don't make
> threshold checks for damaged systems), but I'd say yes.
>
> >If so, how is it handled? Do you roll again for how
> number of turns?
>
> Again, I'd say yes.

I guess I assumed no because I didn't see otherwise; OA's suggestion
does
make more sense. However, while there's always the very thin PSB that
further damage might 'shake things into place', I'd suggest that any
further rolls only shorten, not lengthen, the time.

Actually, a second roll for threshold result should probably be
'immediate
system failure unless a d20 roll less than remaining turns, which result
then becomes remaining turns'.

Wait! When would a vacchead have anything other than d6's? ;->=

That said, a second chance for a core threshold check has to be a VERY
rare
occurance, right?

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] FT 2+FB rules questions Next: Re: [GZG] FT 2+FB rules questions