Prev: Re: [GZG] 15mm AT-ST sugegstions sought Next: Re: [GZG] FMA skirmish

[GZG] FT 2+FB rules questions

From: David Stokes <dstokes@d...>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 18:54:00 +0000
Subject: [GZG] FT 2+FB rules questions

A few days ago Ian and I had what was for both of us our first game in a

long time. Since we wee both rusty with the rules a few questions came
up.

Damage Control: When in the turn sequence does it occur? How soon after
a hit can you attempt to repair a system?

SMLs: Do they need a FireCon?

Turning: In Cinematic Movement, can a ship that is stationary turn any
amount for 1 point? We both thought we have seen that somewhere but we
couldn't find. It made sense to us, though.

Core Systems: If a core system like life support has been hit and is
scheduled to go out in some number of turns, does it take threshold
checks again at further thresholds? If so, how is it handled? Do you
roll again for how number of turns? Take the worst result?

We had a ship take a Life Support hit at the 5+ threshold and roll 3
turns til failure. Next turn it went past the 4+ threshold and failed
for Life Support again. That time rolled 4 turns til failure, which
seemed a little wrong for a hit to make it last longer, so we just
ignored further hits.

As you might guess from that one example, it was a pretty ugly game. I
had new NAC and he had old NAC (bloody rebellious colonies). I had a
bunch of small ships centered around a Thunderer BB with a bunch of
cruisers and destroyers. He had a few SDs. We made one close pass and
there was great carnage. A couple of my cruisers were all that came out
the other side, and they took advantage of a bridge hit on the nearest
SD to go to FTL. Meanwhile, his SDs are going to be spending a LONG time

in space dock. But even though they were all down to their last roe of
hull, all were still firing and there was no way a couple of cruisers
were going to be able to take them. A fun game, even with all the
spectacular explosions on my side.

We are scheduled to play again tomorrow, so I'd appreciate answers so we

can get things right this time. I'm sure there were other things we were

doing wrong and don't know to ask.

David Stokes

Prev: Re: [GZG] 15mm AT-ST sugegstions sought Next: Re: [GZG] FMA skirmish