Prev: Re: [GZG] DSIII Next: Re: [GZG] [Painting] primer

[GZG] Primers

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 12:48:46 -0500
Subject: [GZG] Primers

I found Tester's primers too slippery. Not interested in trying to sand
a 25mm figure!

I use Armoury Grey primer. I found their black too gritty for my taste.

Am I the *only* one who uses Grey? I find white lightens up overlaid
colours and black
darkens them down. If I want the applied colour to appear as it does in
the paint pot (or
as it would when painted on most tan cardstock), I prefer the grey. If I
use black, it
inevitably darkens things plus makes it hard to see figure detail -
shadow and primer
combine to make it hard for me to see what I'm painting. White, OTOH,
makes it difficult
to paint some colours on (I primed some UNSC hardsuits white, tried
painting them white,
and then cursed myself). Grey seems to be a good base colour for most
greens or sand
colours (common camouflage colours).

Automotive primers I find tend to be too slick for my taste, though some
of them might not
be bad.

I haven't yet tried airbrush primers, but it struck me they'd go on a
mite bit watery on
shiny slick figures... so maybe not deposit so evenly.

So, my recommendation is Armoury primers.

TomB

Prev: Re: [GZG] DSIII Next: Re: [GZG] [Painting] primer