Prev: Re: [GZG] [Painting] primer Next: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 11, Issue 12

Re: [GZG] FMA skirmish

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 14:41:58 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] FMA skirmish

>damosan@comcast.net wrote:
>>I think you're mixing the ideas of suppresive fire vs. being
>>suppressed.  You can do suppresive fire in FMA-S easily enough
>>assuming your GM allows you to do so.  For example...
>
>Help!	Help!  I'm being suppressed!
>
>OK, that makes sense.	I was combining both into the same mechanic
>but they are being handled differently.  The act of being suppressed
>has an actual rule behind it, where suppressive fire is just an
>special, non-standard action.
>
>>You have a mounted LMG with spare barrels, a case of cold beer, a
>>dedicated secondary gunner, and many belts of ammo.
>>
>>If *I* was the GM I'd allow you, as an action, to turn the gun on
>>and lay suppresive fire towards some distant target forming a cone
>>from the barrel of the gun to the target.  Any figure activating in
>>this cone has a chance to get splattered.  As the GM I'd fudge the
>>firepower roll to sort of model the fact that you arn't going for
>>accurate fire but to lay out enough lead to have people keep their
>>heads down.  I'd further modify this number based on the lay of the
>>gun and the final target.
>>Are you doing grazing fire?  Plunging fire?  Are you shooting up at
>>the target area?  Anyway that's all GM fudging at that point.
>
>Understood :)
>
>>With that said...
>>
>>If you have enough stress markers the chance of passing your
>>activation test becomes as close to zero as you can get.  The
>>affect is worse than it was in the '99 set.
>
>Just to make sure I have this right ... each time you are stressed
>you get a marker.  When the model tries to activate, a test must be
>made modified by the number of stress markers.  If the model passes
>the test, the stress counters go away and it can make actions
>normally.  If the model doesn't pass the test, they don't get their
>normal activation. Does a failure mean a rout, or just a loss of
>activation?

Jumping in here...
First fail means a "shaken" chit, which adds to the difficulty of
passing further tests; second fail replaces this with a "broken", and
figure either flees the table or curls into a ball and huddles there
for the rest of the game....

>>Generally it's some action and shooting.  So you can move and
>>shoot...drag a wounded buddy and shoot.  You have to use common
>>sense though.  You can't be trying to crack a safe and lay fire at
>>the same time.
>
>OK, that's what I was looking for.  The bottom line is that it
>sounds like you can perform multiple actions, but you can't combine
>two movement or shooting actions in the same activation.  Correct?

Not as I intended it (though this may be how some people are reading
the test rules, because I haven't had the time to do a revised
version for FAR too long now....). I'm quite happy with shoot/shoot,
move/move etc.

One of these days I'll get some time to write this all up properly
and let folks have a reasonably coherent set to play with!  ;-)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [GZG] [Painting] primer Next: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 11, Issue 12