Prev: Re: [GZG] FMA skirmish Next: Re: [GZG] FMA skirmish

Re: [GZG] FMA skirmish [Long]

From: "laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 13:06:02 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] FMA skirmish [Long]

> Everyone might like.	Can you put the file up on a webpage
> somewhere? (Beats everyone going me, too! on the list. Oh,
> yeah, ME TOO!)

This is a variant of the 2004 set, mixing in some ideas from
DS3 and so forth, and may not have the slightest resemblance
to what eventually gets published.  Not explicit in the
"Actions" chart is that I made "snapshot" a zero-phase
action, so you can engage ina firefight whether you've taken
your action or not.

Activation
Leader: Assign Orders
•Must be within QD inches to give orders
•Specific: Roll QD for Command Points.  To give an order
to an individual, pay CP equal to his Nerve.
•Group: Your entire group must obey one order (move, shoot
in one direction, melee, etc.)

Figure: Activate
•Automatic if not stressed or wounded
•Roll QD to exceed Nerve + Stress.  Each Shaken and Wound
chit counts as a Stress.
•If FAILED, break and rout away from enemy—for one
Activation if not already Shaken, otherwise until rallied.
Stress chits only last till next activation test (pass or
fail). Shaken chits are removed by a successful Rally.

Actions
Aim: double Range Band
Communicate/Bargain
Melee
Move
•Normal
•Evade: 1x Move Die
•Dash: 2 x Move Die
Pray / Place Curse
Rally: Roll QD> your Nerve + his Nerve
Ready Weapon/Reload
Reserve Action: QD vs. QD to interrupt opponent
Search/Spot
Take Cover: QD > Nerve to go In Position
Treat Wounded

Spotting
To Spot: QD + System Die > Range Die
Minor success = located target, can fire, no details
Major success = Get detail on what you spot.
System Dice and Range Bands
•Mark 1 Eyeball: D6 /	8" Range Bands
•Telescope: D8  / 12”  Range Bands
Range Die Modifiers
•Spotter moving: Range UP1
•Target moving: Range DOWN1
•Second try on Located target: Range DOWN1

Ranged Combat
To Hit
Double 1’s = Jam
FP and QD <= Situation: 	Miss
FP or QD > Situation:	Stress
FP and QD > Situation:	Hit
Situation Dice
•In Position in Hard Cover		D12
•Hard Cover, or IP in Soft Cover	D10
•Soft Cover, or IP in Concealment	D8
•Evading, or IP, or Concealment	D6
•In the Open and not Evading		D4
Multiple Targets
Roll QD > 4 to engage multiple targets
•UP1 each for auto fire weapon or short weapon
•DOWN1 each for 2nd target not in same arc, or not in your
Front arc, or in your Rear arc

Melee Combat
Shift QD to reflect advantaged combatant (better position,
longer/faster weapon)
Roll Attacker’s QD vs. Defender’s QD
Winner rolls Impact vs Armor
Melee Stress chits count as a DOWN1 disadvantage

Damage
Impact <= Armor :	Stress Chit
Impact > Armor: 	Wounded  (white skull)
Impact > 2x Armor:	Incapacitated (black skull)
Impact > 3x Armor:	Dead
Impact > 4x Armor:	Splatter!—Stress if within 3”

Fiat
Gamemaster’s whim supersedes all other rules, die rolls,
and laws of physics.

FMASheep is an Extreme event and severe mental trauma is a
normal and expected hazard of participating.  Consequently,
Players agree that GZG, the GZG ECC committee, and the
Gamemaster are released from any and all liability
whatsoever for physical, social, spiritual or psychological
injuries sustained in or around this activity; and agree to
hold harmless and indemnify the aforesaid releases in case
of claim or suit by themselves and/or their family members,
heirs, or representatives, to the extent of any and all
costs, expenses, damages, judgments, verdicts, and fees.
Players also agree not to hit, injure or otherwise directly
or indirectly cause damage to the Gamemaster, no matter how
justified it may be. Rules presented are playtest beta
status and may not resemble final official rules. FMAS and
FMASkirmish are copyright 1996-2005 by Ground Zero Games/Jon
Tuffley. Baa.

Prev: Re: [GZG] FMA skirmish Next: Re: [GZG] FMA skirmish