Prev: Re: [OT] National Services' differences Re: [GZG] Larry Leadhead cartoon Next: [GZG] Re: ECC.....

[GZG] Re: OT: Rant, DLD being as slow as dogsnot.......long

From: "David L. Dunn" <david@d...>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:18:46 -0800
Subject: [GZG] Re: OT: Rant, DLD being as slow as dogsnot.......long

I know that I have been slow in getting orders out to folks for the
past, what, year?  I try as hard as I can to get things done in as
timely a manner as possible. I am only one person doing the work. Lisa
has dropped the Office duties in my lap, and only she knows how things
were done.....Me? I have to fumble my way through to figure out how she
did the computer work. (By the way, it was her computer that crashed in
March/April, and since I'm not making bank on every order that comes in,

I could not afford to purchase a brand new, high tech, low drag,
computer. And since no one was in the market of loaning/giving one, it
wasn't going to happen soon.)

When we did finally get the new computers, (she had to take out a second

morgage on her house to do so.), they got infected with a few viruses,
because some snot-nose punk had nothing better to do that day, but
create a virus that went out and messed up our computers!

Mind you all, all of our passwords, and information about the company,
taxes everything was in those computers. (not to mention all of Lisas'
information.)

That said, we decided, (only because Lisa wasn't going to do the Office
stuff anymore.), that we need to move the Home Office to the shop. Fine.

But the paperwork from 3 conventions were lost to the large pile, or
placed in a very safe place. Now not having had the access to email for
about 3-6 months surely didn't help. And since everyones' information
was on those reciepts, it made emailing......difficult at best.
Especially if I don't have a photographic memory! I barely remember my
own name some days!

Orders piled up, none got shipped, then one day, a tech friend of Lisas'

finally figured out what the problem was with the virus. He didn't kill
it, but he went around it. Computer works, now. We did, (actaully it was

me.), find the envelopes from the various conventions. I have been
shipping orders out from the past year.  The first batch cost me nearly
$70.00 in shipping....the second, another $60.00, I'm still working on
the third batch and current orders to be shipped. I still work in the
shop by myself, I now have to do the Office stuff by myself, and I've
had hardly any orders coming in........lot's 'o money going out, but not

so much coming in.

Which brings me to this, I appreciate the folks that have emailed me to
rattle my cage. Believe me it helps. I get into a mode sometimes, and
need to be shaken out of it. :-(
Tell me, " Hey, haven't gotten my order yet", or "Hey just wanted to
drop a line to let you know I'm still alive, and lookin' fer me
order."   Now, I'm not stupid. I know how a company should run....and
it's not like that. If I had someone to help trim, (unless everyone
wants to trim the kits themselves, (not being sarcastic, just
curious.)), or help with cutting foam, or even do the Office stuff, it
would be a big help.
But, emailing me and being sarcastic, is not going to help me. In fact,
I'm just wasting time writing this, because I felt the need to let
everyone know the ins and outs of _my_ company.

So, now that I've gone and told everyone about just how stressfull my
day is everyday, 7 days a week, let's hope that folks will continue with

being patient. Some folks have mentioned that I am a crook, and just
steal peoples' money, and never shipped the product......in fact, if
some of those folks would recall, when they did get their package, I
usually try to make up for it with some "extra goodies". It may not
$100,000,000,000.00 note, but it's what I feel would "help" ease the
concern.

I am one person running a company fit for about 5-8 people. I hardly
have time for myself, I don't sleep well, I stress about everything,
because everything is the company. I work very hard to NOT send folks
bricks of resin, and an x-acto knife, and tell them, "Here, you do it!
Now, give me $30.00!"	Life is too short to have it fade away in a
cloud of stress. I have mine. I try to not let others have theirs.

I am trying.
David

David L. Dunn-Owner
DLD Productions

Prev: Re: [OT] National Services' differences Re: [GZG] Larry Leadhead cartoon Next: [GZG] Re: ECC.....