Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Marriage Announcement Next: RE: [GZG] [SG] For realism a mix is best

[GZG] [GZG ECC] The Devil Is In The Details - Saturday Night, SG2 Scenario

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:26:16 -0500
Subject: [GZG] [GZG ECC] The Devil Is In The Details - Saturday Night, SG2 Scenario

Pardon the marketing, friends. :)

EVENT TITLE: The Devil Is In The Details

What follows is a transcript from the flight data and voice recording
systems of Bravo Four Nancy, a tilt-rotor VTOL in NAC service. Bravo
Four Nancy went down during a routine transport flight. New Anglian
forces were assisting in routine operations to stabilize the mid-rim
colony of Harrington which had been subject to an on-going and
intensifying insurgency, under the United Nations Security Council's
nominal command and control.

----------------------

<TRANSCRIPT BEGINS>

Pilot: "Losing power on Number 1 Big 4..."

Co-Pilot: "Number twa engine failin' also."

Pilot:	"Christ on a crumpet... Get ready for dual engine
failure...Climbing..."

Co-Pilot: "Number 2 ae alsae spoolin' doon."

Pilot: "Roger. Setting best glide speed, Better send out a Mayday."

Co-Pilot: "MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY. Any unit, We be Bravo Four Nancy.
Losin' Engine Poower. We be goin' doon.  Presently heeded East, a'
Position Figures N34-42 W98-12. Ah sae agin, Bravo Four Nancy hae lost
twa' engines ae is goin' doon,
Position N34-42 W98-11, ye ken? Over."

Pilot: "Aft, Tommy - Read the checklist for engine restart in flight,
there's a good chap."

Flight Engineer: "Roger, Sir. Sounded like a couple of bangs from the
engines.
Did not see any missles, but I could have missed them."

Gunner: "Pilot, no missiles seen, Sir!"

Co-Pilot: "Roger that Roberto. Ready for engine restart. Let's try
her, shall we, Tommy?"

Flight Engineer: "Fuel Control Lever off.  Emergency Fuel
shutoff - on. Heat Off.  Execute normal start."

Co-Pilot: "Roger. Starting number 1."

Co-Pilot: "Thae Fuel Control off - Got ae wee fire light ae number 1."

Pilot: "Roger. Get it out at your earliest convenience, Mr. MacDonald."

Co-Pilot: "Roger, aye. Emergency fuel shuttoff off."

Co-Pilot: "Primary Fire Extingueesher number 1 Poosh."

Co-Pilot: "Secondary Fire Extingueesher Number 1 Poosh."

Co-Pilot: "Thae Fire light hae gone oot."

Pilot: "Roger. I say, could you find us a place to put her down,
William? She's starting to wallow ever so slightly."

Flight Engineer: "Sir, Should I transmit another Mayday?"

Pilot: "Roger. Use the King's English, Tommy. Half the units in range
would think our Willie was speaking a foreign language and that they
had not recieved the translator update."

Flight Engineer: "MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY. Bravo Four Nancy is going
down, Position N34-41 W 98-10. 5 persons on board. MAYDAY MAYDAY
MAYDAY."

Gunner: "Pilot, Aft. See blackening and damage on segundo nacelle
and smoke trail. Possibly fire inside also."

Pilot: "Roger. We will be landing soon enough, one way or the other,
lads."

Co-Pilot: "Thae terrain database shows ae small clearin' ae aboot two
zero klicks. Tha' be thae most open spot ye'll find aroond here. Bearin'

two fife niner. Ach, she's no' totally flat, either."

Pilot: "Roger, turning to bearing two six oh.  Lad, it looks like we
may make it, if Willie didn't take a third helping at breakfast."

Co-Pilot: "Roger, ye sarky sod."

Co-Pilot: "We're losin' t'altitude rapid fast."

Pilot: "Yes, William, but me must trade the altitude for airspeed or
we will not make that clearing. Needs must, old chap."

Pilot:	"Aft, keep the Mayday going.  Willie, I need you to call the
airspeed and altitude. Those lovely trees are coming up rather
disconcertingly fast."

Co-Pilot: "Eighty knots,  one four zero meters."

Co-Pilot: "Eighty-Fife knots, one two zero meters."

Co-Pilot: "Ninety knots ae one zero zero meters. Lord, look doon upon
yon
humble servants wi' ae kindly eye."

Pilot: "Well, it seems we are not going to make it after all. Bollocks.
We need at least one hundred twenty knots to glide in."

Pilot: "Tally-ho! There's the clearing at eleven o'clock! Turning in
for a run at it. She's rather heavy and sloppy. We'll only get one crack

at this, lads."

Co-Pilot: "Roger. Gear doon. Aft, be ye ready tae land? Buckle up ae 'aw
that."

Flight Engineer: "Roger. Aft ready. All passengers and crew secured.
Our George sends Good Luck."

Pilot: "Roger that, Tommy. Get one more Mayday out..."

Flight Engineer: "MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY. Bravo Four Nancy is going down
Position N34-41 W 98-09. 5 persons on board. MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY."

Flight Engineer: "No confirmation from any receiver, Sir. These bloody
solar storms must have bollixed comm channels completely."

Pilot: "Willie, give me nacelles full up when we flare, if you please."

Co-Pilot: "Roger, aye."

Pilot: "Flaring in 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1... Initiate Flare Nacelles Full
up."

Co-Pilot: "Full up, aye. She's too fast, ye ken? This wee birdie ae
goin' tae run oot ae clearin'...."

Pilot: "We have need of that speed to keep the rotors turning, William.
We can use the auto-rotation energy for cushion."

Co-Pilot: "One fife meters.... one zero meters... fife meters.... Guid
Lord, hae mercy..."

Pilot: "THIS IS IT, LADS! HOLD ON TO YOUR PINTS!"

Metallic crunch and the sounds of tearing metal accompanied by screams
and what sounds like an explosion.

<TRANSCRIPT ENDS>

----------------------

SCENARIO:

New Anglian forces, operating in support of United Nations Security
Council forces (STUNFORG - STanding UN FORces Groundside), have lost
one of their birds. They want to get to the bird and recover the crew
and cargo. However, the location is remote and the first forces which
can respond and arrive on scene are UN Forces (from STUNORC - STanding
UN FORces ORbital Command), assisted by groundside follow on units of
various nationalities from STUNFORG, including NAC units.

This is just a simple rescue and crash recovery operation. Go in, find
the VTOL crew (if they are still alive, or their bodies otherwise) and
cargo, retrieve them, and then come home. Like making a cup of tea....
and everyone is on the same side, right? Of course they are. Nothing
could be simpler.

Of course, some sage observer of history once coined the phrase "The
Devil is in the details...."

PLAYERS: 7 players.
DURATION: 1 time slot (this is not "A Grey Day To Die On Carter Island")
RULES: Stargrunt II with some house expansions
FLAVOUR: Lower Intensity Cine-Grunt (A role-playing flavour will be
present).

SPECIAL NOTE:
It is possible there will be something very special about this event,
worked
out in conjunction with Jon Tuffley (negotiations are ongoing). I'm not
saying
what, but if you miss this one, you *may miss a chance to make GZG
history*.

(Now how's that for a scenario hook?)

Tom B.
Not The Devil, Just His Advocate

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Marriage Announcement Next: RE: [GZG] [SG] For realism a mix is best