Prev: [GZG] [OT] Marriage Announcement Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] For realism a mix is best

[GZG] [SG] For realism a mix is best

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:41:08 +1100
Subject: [GZG] [SG] For realism a mix is best

G'day guys,

This just cropped up in my weekly literature search (see bottom of
post), thought it may generate some interest here (or maybe its old
news).

I know I have 3 different squad configs (standard line, PA and
mortar-based), but by the sounds I'm doing it all wrong. Anyone gone
more diversified?

Beth

Title:
An analysis of combined arms teaming for the Australian defence force

Authors:
Wheeler, S

Source:
JOURNAL OF THE OPERATIONAL RESEARCH SOCIETY, eFIRST date: 10 FEB 2006

Language:
English

Document Type:
Article

Abstract:
This study presents a quantitative analysis of combined arms teams
consisting of three stages. First, an agent-based model of two generic
combined arms teams is used to study the relationships between six key
attributes of combined arms teams: communication, detection, lethality,
mobility, protection and sustainment. Second, a genetic algorithm is
applied to evolve strategies for combined arms teams against a static
opposing force. Finally, a two-population genetic algorithm is used to
coevolve two forces against each other. Games theory is used to analyse
the results and to provide advice on the impact of adding, removing and
replacing assets or capabilities within the teams. We conclude that
diversity and specialization within combined arms teams is essential.
Furthermore, no single combined arms team is sufficient to ensure a
tactical victory on the battlefield against all potential opponents. A
range of different options for constructing combined arms teams is
required. Journal of the Operational Research Society advance online
publication, 23 November 2005 doi:10.1057/palgrave.jors.2602104

Prev: [GZG] [OT] Marriage Announcement Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] For realism a mix is best