Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Graser-1s again Next: [GZG] [OT] GZG-stocked shops in London?

Re: [GZG] [FT] Graser-1s again

From: "laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 06:34:42 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] Graser-1s again

Hugh said:
> But, my phrasing is slightly different. I would say that
> graser-1s *will* score mega-hits in every battle, so it is
> reasonable to factor that into the cost.

This turns out not to be the case.  I've had about ten
playtest battles using the UN, and there have only been a
couple in which the UN has done spectacular damage. And I
seem to recall one of those was 23 points of damage against
a 6 hull frigate. Granted, if you take a lot of G1's, you'll
have a better chance of a super hit, but you might have been
better off to take B2's.

I think perhaps part of it depends on what you prefer.	I
like weapons which usually don't do significant damage but
sometimes do a 1-hit kill--that fits my image of naval
combat better than slowly scraping away hull. YMMV.

If you do want to tone them down, I'd suggest using the "no
rerolls" rather than the "d3" option. There are plenty of
weapons which don't get rerolls (sub packs, PTorps, etc),
adding one more won't hurt.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Graser-1s again Next: [GZG] [OT] GZG-stocked shops in London?