Prev: Re: [GZG] Test Next: [GZG] Full Impulse (points, costing)

RE: [GZG] [SG]Questions

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 23:19:04 +0000
Subject: RE: [GZG] [SG]Questions

Hey,

>What weapon do you have your sniper carry?  I'm tempted to have my
sniper
>carry a HAMR for dealing with PA as well as normal soldiers.

As has been said, it depends on the doctrine. There is no real reason
not to
have a HAMR, tis the biggest nastiest gun, and can even tackle vehicles.

But SG is not really for power gamers...

>On the subject of PA, does a trooper with an MLP get to fire his hand
>weapon
>in addition to the MLP or instead of it?

With fire combat I play the rules as written, which state (I am quoting
from
memory, but am pretty sure this is correct) that a figure may only fire
each
weapon once per turn. So I would allow for one activation a figure (e.g.
the
NSL PA with shoulder launched pack) to fire either weapon, then for
another
to fire the other.

I tend to treat this as a one shot weapon, so I use it along side a
passed
on activation from command to either fire both weapons in a turn and
move or
to move, fire once and CA. Giving a PA squad that extra punch as well as
very long striking range.

However a SG errata did state that rather than every turn, a weapon may
be
fired once per activation. I choose to ignore this, as I prefer it the
other
way arround.

Hope that helps in some small way

Richard

Prev: Re: [GZG] Test Next: [GZG] Full Impulse (points, costing)