Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Sail and Morale Next: [GZG] Re: Full Sail and Morale

Re: [GZG] Full Sail and Morale

From: "laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:16:08 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] Full Sail and Morale

> The current version splits the clock up into 'zones'
> - in irons, beating, broad reach, and beam reach / running

Sounds reasonable

> Do you keep a separate damage track
> for masts, and so you have TWO sets of damage tracks?

That's the simplest, I think

> do you reflect that fact that some ships were just better
> sailers than others e.g. an American 44 heavy frigate
> should be able to outsail a British 74, all other things
> being equal?	etc. etc.

Higher speed, better turning number.  Ideally you'd also
want each ship to have her own arrangement of the zones you
mentioned--eg the frigate might be faster but the 74 more
weatherly. That would depend on the wind speed and sea
state, though, so might get just a tad complex. :-\

> For a Frag based sail game, C2 is pretty much irrelevant
> anyway as each person is only fighting their own ship.

Heh. My first order of business in that sort of game is to
make alliances.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Sail and Morale Next: [GZG] Re: Full Sail and Morale