Prev: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding Next: Re: Surrendering Ships was [GZG] John's Shipbuilding

RE: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding

From: "McCarthy, Tom \(xwave\)" <Tom.McCarthy@x...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:37:39 -0500
Subject: RE: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding

The general trend to cut down on 'me toos' dissuades me from
acknowledging many of the good ideas I see floated around.  In general,
you'll see more criticism than kudos on this list, perhaps for that very
reason.

Again, I think that the general case will be between two races or
nations who have encountered each other before, and who are not only
willing to surrender to each other (or at least to withdraw peacefully),
but can communicate that to each other.  There will be exceptions, but
those should be noted specifically in the description of that race or
nation, or specifically for that battle before it begins.

In the Tuffleyverse, assuming the general case above, do you think there
would be some general agreement to let opposing ships exit the board
unmolested when they signal their intent to drop out of the battle?  In
our group, we regularly take shots at escaping ships, but perhaps this
should be discouraged in the setting's flavour text.

Prev: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding Next: Re: Surrendering Ships was [GZG] John's Shipbuilding