Prev: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding Next: RE: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding

Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding

From: damosan@c...
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:27:32 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding

From: Brian B <brianbinor@gmail.com>

> I just get tired of the way when someone suggests something helpful,
> people on the list tend to immediatelyt respond with the extreme case
> that's an exception to the rule instead of acknowledging that in most
> cases the suggestion might be a valid one.  The dismissive attitude
> gets a little old.

Lets back that up for a second.  You mean to tell me that you're getting
tired of having *your* comments being sidelined by a group of people who
like to comment about a given topic but have clearly a hobbyist[1][2]
knowledge about said topic or have only the faintest grasp of historical
precedent on which the topic itself is based?

On a wargaming list?!?

Come on now.  :)

It's supposed to be fun damn it.  Keep it that way.

[1] SciFi novels don't count in and of themselves here.  Neither does
analyzing the Naval combat footage in Star Wars or Buck Rogers.  ;)

[2] This isn't directed at anyone in particular mind you.

--
Damo

Prev: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding Next: RE: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding